Mission & Ministry
St. Anthony - A true faith community
* St. Anthony Catholic High School begins every morning in chapel
* Monday: Exposition & Benediction
* Tuesday: Campus Ministry Prayer Service
* Wednesday: Grade Level Prayer Service
* Thursday: Song Fest
* Friday: Liturgy
* Each Student is required to complete a minimum of 25 hours of community service per year of attendance; students average double the minimum requirement
* Last year we graduated 108 students. If all students completed only the
minimum requirement they would have a total of 10,800 hours. As a class,
the graduates of 2011 completed a total of just over 24,000 hours which
totals more than double their minimum requirement.
* Each student is placed on a 4-year Service Plan
* The four year service plan was created to assist students with their
understanding of the purpose for their community service requirement. Every
student must meet with the Director of Campus Ministry and discuss what
they are interested in doing for community service. The service activities they
are involved in should have a special meaning for them. For example, if a
student is interested in entering the medical field the DoCM will pair them up
with a hospital to gain useful experience.
* Community Service Day
* In honor of our founding sisters and brothers, the Sisters of Charity of the
Incarnate Word and the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, St.
Anthony Catholic High School celebrates its Heritage during the 3rd week
of October. During our Community Service Day, the students of St. Anthony
assist different organizations around San Antonio. Last year on CSD our
students, faculty, and staff completed 2,964 hours of community service and
we hope to increase that number each year.
* Community Liturgy
* Living a Christian lifestyle is not an easy commission and a supportive
community is very important to have. During community liturgy, our school is
united in faith as we pray for personal needs and for the needs of the
community, strengthening each other along our journey. In the spirit of faith
formation and in the tradition of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate
St. Anthony Catholic High School will hold a community liturgy once a month
throughout the academic year for two different grade levels each month.
* After each community liturgy, it is the goal of St. Anthony Catholic High
School to provide opportunity for fellowship among its community members.
The grade level sponsors will coordinate efforts to provide an activity for the
students after each liturgy and SACHS requests that the parents of the
students organize a social to take place in conjunction with the student
activity. Possible student activities include but are not limited to: sports
tournaments (i.e. softball, basketball, soccer, etc.) and field day events (i.e.
tug-of-war, relay races, obstacle courses, etc.), or fine arts activities such as a
* Student Retreats
* Each student has the opportunity to attend at least one grade level retreat
per year and has the option to attend the SALVE Retreat. A retreat is an
opportunity for the students to acquire a deeper understanding of themselves
their relationships with one another and with God. The SALVE Retreat was
designed as a heritage retreat with a focus on the Missionary Oblates of
Mary Immaculate and the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
* Ministry Clubs
* There are many opportunities for the SACHS students to get involved in
ministry. Some of the ministry clubs include:
* Young Oblates: Feed the homeless, spend time with children at St
PJâs home, and take up collections of clothing items and hygienic
products for the homeless
* Pure Love Club: focuses on chastity and its importance
* Mustard Seed Carriers: main ministry includes spending time at the
Village at Incarnate Word Retirement Center assisting the elderly
* Liturgical Choir: Sings for all liturgies and ministry events/activities
* Apologetics: Learns to defend the Catholic Faith
* Divine Mercy: Meets every Wednesday at the SACHS chapel to pray
the Chaplet of Divine Mercy