Minnie Stevens Piper Scholarships
The following scholarships are up for grabs for the Class of 2018!
The following scholarships are offered through the Bexar County Clearinghouse and Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation. Since many of these scholarships are very particular, please review and let Ms. Arismendez know if you qualify for these. Packets are available in my office. Items that are needed are transcripts, letters of recommendations, essays, and the Bexar County Clearinghouse Packet. For some of these scholarships you must also have submitted a FAFSA.
If you qualify and pick up a packet, all items are due to Ms. Arismendez by October 31st!
Alamo City Chapter of the American Society of Military Comptrollers Graduating High School Senior Scholarship
- Will award two $500 scholarships to qualified high school seniors who are in the top 25% of their class. Student must also meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Student must be a dependent of active duty or retired mlitary personnel, or a dependent of a federal civil service employee.
- Student must be entering a field of study directly related to financial/resource manangement (includes accounting, finance, economics, management, statistics, etc).
- Selection Will be based on leadership ability, school and community service, and scholastic achievements.
FirstMark Credit Union-Frank Price Cunningham & Helen Shipman Cunningham Scholarship
- Fifteen scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to applicants. Applicants must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be ranked in the top 15% of his/her class
- Be a member in good standing with FirstMark Credit Union (or parent/legal guardian must be a member in good standing). The scholarship application must include the name of the Credit Union Member who qualifies the student applicant for scholarship eligibility. Student should use the Verification of Eligibility Form included with the Clearninghouse Application.
- At least 20% of the scholarships awarded each year will be to scholarship applicants who plan to enter the teaching field.
Lean Spring Business Association Scholarship
- Five $1000 scholarships are available to children and dependents of Leon Springs Business Association curreny members living in the Clark, Brandeis, O'Connor, and Boerne ISD high school attendance zones. Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior and meet admission requirements for an accredited college or university. In addition the application must have:
- Name of the LSBA member who qualifies the applicant
- An autobiography written by the student, stating his/her goals and ambitions
- A short written statement abouta . community service activity they have participated in that has made them a better/different person
Military Officers Association of America-Alamo Chapter
The Colonel Clarence T. Torrey Community Service Scholarship
- One $500 scholarship available to graduating high school seniors, ranked in the top quarter of their class, who is a child, stepchild, or grandchild of an officer or enlisted person. This person can be active duty or Reservist, or National Guardsman from any of the seven uniformed services represented by Military Officers Association of America.
- This person must be:
- on active duty
- have died while serving on active duty
- have retired from one of the uniformed services
- Selection will be based on academic record, test scores, citizenship, leadership, community involvement, and outstanding professional ability.
Military- Civilian Charitable Foundation Scholarship
- Three $3000 scholarships will be awarded to an institution of higher learning available to graduating seniors who are the son or daughter of a career military family (mother or father), active or retired, a resident of Bexar County, and attending a San Antonio area high school.
- Selections will be based on academic standing, leadership qualities, community service, and submission of an additional required essay. Additional essay should be typed, one page, double spaced and must address the following topic:
- How has being a military or veteran dependent shaped your life and goals?
National Association of Letter Carriers, Alamo Branch #421 Scholarship
- Three scholarships available to dependents of letter carrier members (active, retired, or deceased) of the National Association of Letter Carriers, Alamo Branch #421. Based on academics and activities.
San Antonio Professional Fire Fighters Scholarship
The San Antonio Professional Fire Fighters Association, Local #624 will award ten scholarships. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior and dependent (child or stepchild) an of active fire fighter who is a member in good standing of Local #624, or the dependent of a retired or deceased fire fighter who was a member in good standing of Local #624 at the time of retirement or death. Selection is based on SAT or ACT test scores, high school grade point average (including review of high school coursework), extra-curricular school and community activities, essay and letter of recommendation.
- Must take SAT or ACT and must submit scores, transcript, and application by APRIL 1ST. Scholarship may be used at any college or university.
Bexar County Medical Society Foundation Scholarship
$1000-$2000 cash award. Open to high school seniors who meet the admission requirements of the Texas college or Texas university they are planningto attend as a full time student. In addition to fillingout the standard Clearinghouse Application and providing requested information and documents, applicants must also include a resume/activity record and a Student Aid Report from the FAFSA. There are no restrictions concerning how the award is to be used; however, scholarship recipients must be US citizens, must attend a Texas college of higher education, and must prepare for a career in the medical, nursing, or allied health field with the exception of veterinary, massage therapy, chiropractic care, psychology, and dental.
- Scholarship selection is based on academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, leadership and a desire for a career in the medical, nursing, or allied health field.
- Twenty nominations per school.
The Andrew Booker Foundation
The Andre Booker Foundation will award three scholarships in the amount of $700 to graduating seniors of Bexar county area high schools who have been accepted into a college, university, or trade school.
Selections will be based on academics, letters of recommendation, involvement in community, extra curricular activities, and a required essay. The essay must be 1-2 pages in length, double spaced and include the candidate's long range goals, reason for selecting their school of choice and why they should be awarded the scholarship.
- One scholarship awarded to a graduating senior from any Bexar County ISD high school who has considerable financial need. The basis of their financial need must be incorporated into their essay as to why they should be awarded the scholarship.
Order of the Sons of Italy, Pompeo Coppini Lodge Scholarship
Order of the Sons of Italy, Pompeo Coppini Lodge offers 1-4 scholarships to graduating high school seniors whoa re of Italian-American heritage. Applicants must have financial need, be US citizens, reside in San Antonio, Texas and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selection will be based on leadership, academics, recommendations, monetary need, and Italian Heritage.
*Student must include an essay explaining the importance of their italian heritage; essay must also include family name and city of origin.