The St. Anthony Catholic High School Residence Life Program is committed to providing supportive services, creating an inclusive and safe community, and cultivating holistic growth through the mission values.
High School Residence Life Staff
Madeleine Hall is overseen by the Director of Residence Life and the High School Residence Life Coordinator, and Residence Life Assistant Coordinator. In addition, eight para-professional staff are available to residents on a daily on-duty rotation. These staff members are University of the Incarnate Word undergraduate students that are trained to provide customer care and guidance to our high school residents and live at Madeleine Hall.
Madeleine Hall has a classroom set up within the residence hall to provide residents with a space that is conducive to learning. Residents with grades lower than an 80 are provided tutoring from 7-9pm on Sunday -Thursday
All residents attending St. Anthony Catholic High School are required to complete 25 community service hours. As part of the student experience, we take residents to mandatory community service opportunities so they can complete projects that inspire them to be global citizens, working to positively impact the community. Residents gain leadership skills and feel empowered to make a difference in the world one action at a time.
|7 - 7:55 a.m.
||Dress for School & Breakfast in the hall
|8 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
||School in Session
|3:20 - 7:00 p.m.
||Resident’s Free Time: The resident may sign out to University of the Incarnate Word for dinner at the numerous campus dining facilities, exercise at the Wellness Center or Natatorium. They may cross the street to approved Broadway Avenue locations within a mile radius.
Curfew: All residents sign-in from their free time with the resident assistant on duty. The administrator on call is contacted and given a head count of the residents to confirm all residents have returned to Madeleine Hall. Exit door alarms are set at curfew.
|7 - 9 p.m.
||Study Hall & Quiet Hours: The residents that require tutoring assistance may gather in the designated classroom to study
|9 - 10:30 p.m.
||Residents get ready for bed
||Quiet Hours Enforced
||Lights Out for all residents
We provide transportation on the weekend to local shopping malls, and markets so the residents are able to shop for their personal items and explore off-campus locations. The residents sign-up on a weekly basis to the trips they are interested in attending.
Focused Learning and Growth System is our student curriculum to develop the residents and provide them with the best educational experience outside of the classroom.
Programs within the FLAGS model include:
- Got to Go Events (High school sporting events, theatre, festivals, etc.)
- Community Gatherings (Movie & Book Clubs, Coffeehouse, Sports Clubs within the residence hall)
- Programs of Intent (Themed Educational Program)
- Building Traditional Events (Annual Event)
- Community Events (Off-Campus Required Monthly Event)
- Leader Group Outings (Mentor Group Off-Campus Activity)
The monthly community event is an opportunity for all residents at Madeleine Hall to have a great time off campus or participate in an activity while getting to know the San Antonio community.
We go to the following local fun-filled locations:
- Botanical Gardens
- Café College
- Enchanted Rock
- Enchanted Springs Ranch
- Japanese Gardens
- Main Event
- Non-profit Organizations
- Ripley’s Wax Museum
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not
- San Antonio Missions
- San Antonio Zoo
- Tejas Rodeo
- The Alamo
- Top Golf
- Tower of the Americas
In addition, residents attend a sporting event yearly, to include a Spurs game, Rampage or SAFC game at the San Antonio venues.
Madeleine Hall Facility
Madeleine Hall consists of double and single rooms. Residents requesting a single room must apply. Single rooms are reserved for returning residents or upperclassmen, due to limited availability. Madeleine Hall also has common areas that provide a space for the residents to engage in activities during their after-school time or on weekends. Facilities include:
- Lounge with beauty corner including vanity set-up, study table, x-box and large-screen TV.
- Furnished kitchen with access to cookware and appliances
- Music and art room with piano, guitar and art supplies
- Wellness room with workout equipment and large screen TV
- Community bathroom with access to washers and dryers
- Common areas and residents’ rooms with wi-fi and ethernet access
In addition, all high school residents have access to all the amenities at the University of the Incarnate Word facilities. High school residents must provide a student ID to gain access to the UIW facilities.
- Wellness Center
- Media Center
- UIW Dining Locations
Board Plan and Meals
All residents are required to have a Board Plan with declining meal dollars that are spent at the numerous dining locations to include the high school cafeteria at SACHS, and the facilities located at the University of the Incarnate Word.
University of the Incarnate Word Dining Locations:
- Campus Dining Hall: Buffet style dining (Located at SEC, 1st-floor level)
- Hortencia’s: Chick-fil-A, deli sandwiches, fruit and vegetable combo packs for the student on the go and convenience items, etc. (Located at Administration Building, basement level)
- Finnegan’s: Starbucks coffee, teas, assorted pastries and snacks (Located in the UIW library, 1st floor)
- Luciano’s Pizzeria: Gourmet pizza, salads, chicken wings, cheese sticks, coffee and desserts. (Located at SEC, basement level)
Breakfast and Snacks
The residents request a list of breakfast and snack items which we use to develop our weekly grocery shopping list, so they are able to prepare their breakfast or after school snack.
Campus Dining (Holiday Closure)
During the holiday seasons when the campus dining facilities are closed, meals are provided from local restaurants and include cuisine from Asian, American, Italian, and Latin restaurants, etc.
Safety and Security
The staff set an alarm at the entrance/exit doors that lead to the exterior of Madeleine Hall at curfew.
- Residents that are signed out to the UIW campus, Broadway Avenue locations must return by 7:00 p.m. curfew on Sunday – Saturday.
- Residents that are signed out with an approved individual must be in by 11:30 p.m. curfew on Friday – Saturday.
Residents can sign-out on approved outings with individuals that are on their parent permission list. We require the following to approve off-campus sign-out:
- Friend or family member must be listed on the resident’s off-campus permission list.
- The individual that signs out the resident must provide a valid ID and insurance, as it applies.
- Resident must abide by all local curfew laws.
- Residents requesting overnight off-campus permission may be signed out by an approved adult that is 25 years of age or older.